Join us for this public assembly at Queen's Park:
- to call for the phase out rather than the rebuilding of Ontario’s nuclear stations;
- to protest the proposed burial and abandonment of nuclear waste on First Nations territories, potentially poisoning the waterways, soil and air forever with radioactive contamination;
- to protest the proposed abandonment of nuclear waste along major bodies of water in Chalk River and Kincardine;
- and to call for a 100% renewable future.
Renewables are do-able! We want wind, water and solar power – not rebuilt and extended nuclear stations which are expensive, dangerous, and produce deadly radioactive wastes that will remain hazardous for hundreds of thousands of years.
The Government of Ontario this year cancelled all our green energy programs; is extending the life of the aging Pickering nuclear station beyond its design life; and is rebuilding the aging Darlington and Bruce nuclear stations, locking us into nuclear for another 5 decades. We say NO to more nuclear and YES to renewable energy!
There will be speakers, music (drumming), performances (dancing) and more. All welcome!
Hosted by youth of Anishinabek and Iroquois Caucus First Nations. Endorsed by: Bawating Water Protectors, Ontario Clean Air Alliance, Canadian Coalition for Nuclear Responsibility, Canadian Environmental Law Association, Northwatch, DNA (Durham Nuclear Awareness), xxx
- November 09, 2017 at 12pm – 2pm
- Queen's Park
- 1 person is going